Thursday, August 12, 2010

Falling Apart

Geez this is getting ridiculous. As if the looming cancer treatment wasn't enough I have a gout flare up going on in  my big toe and I've got the cold! I'm pretty glad that human evolution has stopped because I would have been "selected" long ago (I remember getting strep throat all the time as a kid). Up with pharmaceuticals!

I'm going into surgery day at full blast too. I'm traveling to KS for Alison's wedding then catching a plane at DIA on the way back without even stopping in at home for a business trip to CA and TX and then Longmont, CO. Finally, I've got a project delivery deadline on the 20th. No time to for brooding this way!

I've also got an appointment the day before surgery with a "genetic counselor". They were interested to hear about the 3 generations of thyroid cancer and might do some genetic testing to see if there's some kind of genetic mutation. Kelly : you better be getting annual physicals!

3 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to hear what the genetic counselor has to say. As for me, I've told previous docs about two generations...I suppose the third is undeniable proof..
    get better..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess you're saying this isn't the best time to be fixing dad's computer? ;-) See you next week hon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could fit the trip to Kansas in! It was sure good to see you.

    ReplyDelete